Capstone Week 12- Kierstin

 

Lab: 

In the lab photos above, I drilled through the different valve housings, and flushed them out so fluid would be able to freely flow through. I then glued the different-sized tubes inside of them, but the curing time was 24 hours. 

In the top right picture, I shaped the epoxy and manually had to drill holes through it.

Lab: 

In the pictures above, for the soft epoxy, once I drilled holes through it I had to attach the tubing and seal it. This was very difficult because the tubing was so soft. I used a large needle as a catheter to insert the tubing and then pulled out the needle leaving the tubing wedged inside the valve housing. 

Checklists: 

I created the first checklist for me before I started working on the ppt, and the second one I made with Brinkley so we could be on the same page while making the final ppt. 


Lab: 

Brinkley and I went into the lab to test the prototypes. We set up the system and tested the three valves shown in the pictures above at different syringe speeds to test the drip rates. 

Drip Rates: 

I counted the drip rates from the lab testing and created these charts in excel 

Solidworks: 

I drew up our current design in Solidworks, shown above, for our final presentation. It took me a little while to find the material I wanted as well as get rid of all the lines that showed seams. I wanted to add a few more seams to make the shape a little clearer, but I couldn't figure out how to get them back.

Final Presentation: 

A lot of this week was spent on creating the final presentation. I created slides 1-4, 7,11, and 16-26.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #3 - Brinkley Brooks

Semester 2 Week 12 - Brinkley

Semester 2 - Week 13 Kierstin