Semester 2- Week 7 Kierstin

 

Lab time: 
Brinkley and I went to the print lab and got some purged material to see if it would be a suitable resistor in our system. The sizes of their nozles were .4mm, so a little too big (we wanted .3mm) but we tested it anyway. The 3D-printed material was much too big of a resistor for our valves. It was tough to insert, and there was no flow when we tested it in the system. 

Brinkley and I coated different sutures in hard epoxy to test them in the system. 

The data we got from these tests are: 
We will try more tests with the silk at different heights, and test with the polyester again to see why we were having discrepancies last week. 


I updated our design drawings and made them +- .025mm tolerances shown under the dimensions in the unless otherwise specified box, and changed our engineering hourly pay to $43 per hour. 
I also updated del 6 and went through the first section to make sure it only included components that our final design uses. I went through and numbered the different sections as well. The picture just shows an example of one updated section. 



Midterm Presentation: 
I created a ppt and shared it with the team. I picked a theme and outlined the presentation based off of the excel sheet rubric. The majority of this week's hours were spent on the ppt slides. I created slides 1-13, 20, 23-26, 28, 31. (These might not be up-to-date slide numbers, but they were the slide numbers when I wrote my blog) I also went to the lab with Brinkley to take pictures to put in our presentation that looked nice. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #3 - Brinkley Brooks

Semester 2 Week 12 - Brinkley

Semester 2 - Week 13 Kierstin